Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Proud Father!





I have been blessed with 3 wonderful children. This is a special month for two of them, because they are graduating from their respective schools. Jonathan, my oldest, is graduating from Oklahoma Baptist University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre. Stephen, my middle child, is graduating from Putnam City North High School. 

I am very proud of these two young men for several reasons. The most important being, they have both acknowledged and surrendered to God’s call on their lives. 

Jonathan is very committed to the talent that God has given him in the area of acting. He will be pursuing his career in acting this fall and really for the rest of his working life. He is very gifted and I know God will use him as he submits to God’s direction. 

Stephen is very committed to the call that God has given him to preach the Word of God. He will begin his theological and pastoral studies in the fall at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and College in Kansas City. He is very passionate about God’s Word and I know God will use him as he also submits to God’s direction. 

It is a special person who hears, acknowledges, and submits to God’s call on their life. I have two sons who, although very different, have both heard from God! A father couldn’t ask for anything more for his children. The best place for a person is right in the very center of God’s will!
I love you Jonathan and Stephen and I am very proud to call you my sons! Go with God!